Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Some album covers from my inlaws basement..

Back in August the family and I headed back to my wife's hometown for her mothers wedding. One day, I was sent to the basement and told to look through the albums in the basement and take what I wanted. I finally own a "smart" phone and the timing couldn't have been better. Some are better than others, and there are a slew of "bad album cover" sites out there, but it was something to do.

There are a fair number of them so here is part 1.

1) I swear I have seen this one. The cover itself is pretty cheesy....but



1a) Chceck out the back cover. The dude in the back, second from the right...one word my good man. Bandana. We might make fun of Bret Micheals, but they are on to something.


2) Its just Kenny. That beard can soak up a spill better than a shamwow.
3) Another sort of harmless cover, but John Denver, the silouttes...this was wolf shirt before wolf shirt.
4) Who knows it might be good..but this is records I stumbled upon the most, folky looking collections with matching outfits.
5) I actually liked this cover..there are a few I dug, this one sorta hit me with its colors.

6) Wow, I wonder if they toured with Riot.
7) "Other Voices" means "No Jim" so probably "No Thanks"
8) This cover is just awesome. Blonde woman, on shag carpet..sorta cool laid back dude on the couch. Some of these I swear I wish I could have listened to right then and there.
9) There was no record in this one....i think the cover says it all.
10) Back to the folk groups in matching outfits.
11) Love...love will keep us together. Hey Capt...get the dogs we got an album cover shoot.
12) Okay...rinse lather repeat.
13) This is one record that actually came home with me. I mean come on..the freaking Baja Marimba Band??!
14) At the time I am sure this cover, and these outfits were bad ass...



part 2 coming tomorrow...

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun stuff! I grew up with that Capt and Tenelle album! loved it! ~ noella

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Alex said...

Wow. Just wow.

The only other thing anyone could want would be an explanation for why they bought each of these!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jenny G said...

Oh my...

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger JamieSmitten said...

My mum had that Kenny Rogers album. I always thought he looked kind of creepy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home