Friday, October 09, 2009

Nothing forgotten this week...

Life sorta got in the way this week and a much over due trip to the local record shop poured in some new releases.

First up was two releases from Rodrigo Y Gabriela. I was shown a you tube clip and was hooked. Grabbed the two cds they had in stock, including the new one 11:11.

Daniel Johnston released a new cd, it was cheap, took a chance and its really great.

Legendary Boston band Mission of Burma released "The Sound, The Speed, The Light" and I am listening as I type..it is a strong record.

It has been out for a few weeks but I still grabbed the latest from Arctic Monkeys.

A glowing review in Rolling Stone of all places piqued my interest in Alberta Cross. It was worth it for the song "ATX" alone.

Built to Spill released "There is no Enemy" for very cheap money. It didn't floor me on the first spin, but I can't think of any Built to Spill record that has, all of them for me have been "growers" and usually land in my top 20 of the year. They do a three night run at the Middle East in Cambridge this weekend.

Tossed in the ep from Jim James the lead singer of My Morning Jacket did a warts and all sort of tribute to George Harrison soon after he passed away. Treads some hallowed ground, but does a nice job.

Finally, the lone cd I still have yet to open is from Rain Machine, a new project that features Kyp Malone from TV On The Radio.

Got me some listening to do. We shall return to our regular program next week..at least I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home